Atlanta Hawks rookie point guard Trae Young had a sensational first season in the NBA, averaging 19.1 points, 8.1 assists and 3.7 steals per game en route to becoming a finalist for the 2018-19 Rookie the Year Award. Young was also a unanimous selection for the All-Rookie First Team along with the player he was traded for on draft night, Luka Doncic.
Although Doncic is expected to take home the ROY hardware next month, Quavo has made it clear where he stands on the matter: “Young Rookie the Year in MY books!” In celebration Young’s stellar first season, Quavo also hooked up the 20-year old star with a diamond “Ice Trae” chain.
While Quavo has already declared Young the Rookie the Year, the NBA will ficially announce the winner at the third annual NBA Awards on June 24. Shaquille O’Neal has signed on to host the event.
In addition to the ROY Award, the NBA Awards will also include: Most Valuable Player, Defensive Player the Year, Sixth Man Award, Most Improved Player, Coach the Year, Basketball Executive the Year, Sportsmanship Award, Teammate the Year, All-Rookie Team, All-Defensive Team, and NBA Cares Community Assist Award.
As you can tell from the photos, the upper consists black and grey suede, while red accents make their way around the shoe. On the back heel, the Paris Saint-Germain logo is visible, while a Jumpman insignia is smack-dab in the middle. It’s a pretty interesting look and certainly matches the aesthetic the Jordan 1 and 5 that has come from this partnership.
There is no set release date for the shoe just yet but according to the above post, it appears as though this sneaker will be released sometime in July. Stay tuned for any updates on this sneaker as we will be sure to bring them to you.
Some sources are saying that the duo is done for good while others simply say that they’re “on a break.” All we know is that they’re not together for the time being. Do you think Simmons will strive without his supermodel girlfriend next season?
Kevin Durant and Chris Broussard are two people that the internet loves to hate on. Durant is an easy target thanks to his ring-chasing ways that brought him to Golden State, all while he appears to be the most sensitive man on Twitter. As for Broussard, some sports fans simply aren’t a fan his sports takes which has led to a heavy amount ridicule. That’s why it was NBA Twitter’s dream scenario when the two started going back and forth last week. It all started when Broussard said it would be KD’s “worst nightmare” should the Warriors win a ring without him. This prompted Durant to clap back on Twitter which got NBA fans riled up.
Yesterday, Broussard went on Undisputed where he said him and Durant have texted in the past and have a “love/hate” relationship. Durant replied to these claims once again by saying “Cap. Cap. Cap cap cap….u don’t have my number mannnnn.”
Last night, Broussard took to Twitter where he posted a video detailing his relationship with Durant. In the post, he claims to have over 60 Instagram and Twitter DM’s from Durant which came from three separate conversations. Broussard also makes the claim that these conversations lasted a total five hours with Durant initiating every single one.
Durant has yet to reply to this latest video, although based on his paper-thin exterior, it certainly won’t be long before he does.
What’s been going on with Dennis Rodman lately? Just weeks ago he was accused robbing a Newport Beach, California yoga studio twice, and now it’s being reported that he’s shown a man “what the five fingers said to the face.” TMZ Sportshas obtained a report that states Rodman was celebrating his birthday by hosting a shindig at the Buddha Sky Bar in Florida on May 17. A man named Jeff Soulouque told the Delray Beach Police Department that he was an attendee at the event when all a sudden Rodman “unprovokedly turned around and smacked him.”
According to Soulouque, the retired NBA star immediately apologized for the hit and to make amends, invited Soulouque out to dinner the following evening. It must have been one helluva slap because later on, Soulouque was in so much pain that he visited a hospital where he was diagnosed with a left corneal abrasion. On May 18, he decided to file a police report.
Rich Polk/Getty s
A witness to the incident named David Lee Roth—no, not the singer Van Halen but another guy with the same name—corroborated the alleged victim’s story. The police report reads, “Roth stated he was about twenty feet away and he saw Rodman turn around and open hand smack Soulouque two times.” Investigators are hoping that the Buddha Sky Bar has surveillance footage the evening that shows whether or not Soulouque is being truthful. Meanwhile, Rodman’s lawyer toldTMZ Sports that his client is innocent.
“I’ve spoken with people who were with Dennis the entire night the alleged incident at Buddha Sky Bar,” he said. “No one saw any such incident occur and Dennis was sober the entire night. Currently the matter is in its preliminary stages but we fully expect after a thorough investigation that no such incident will be substantiated. Dennis denies any such incident occurred.”
Crime doesn’t pay, and Kevin Foster is learning that the hard way. The former accountant and business manager to Ne-Yo and Brian McKnight was recently convicted in Columbus, Ohio a slew crimes including wire fraud, money laundering, and tax evasion. The 43-year-old was reportedly also accused convincing Ne-Yo to invest $2 million into a sports drink company called OXYwater without alerting the singer that Foster was both the CEO and the CFO. He also allegedly took $1.5 million from Ne-Yo’s bank account without permission and forged the singer’s signature to open a line credit worth $1.4 million.
The U.S. Department Justice wrote that Foster used the cash to fund his luxury lifestyle. He reportedly purchased a Mercedes, a Bentley, a Jaguar, a Rolls-Royce, expensive jewelry, and extensive wardrobe, lavish vacations, and season tickets to NFL and NBA games. Foster was sentenced to 89 months (over seven years) in prison and now both Ne-Yo and McKnight can celebrate being awarded restitution. Ne-Yo will receive $6,456,250 and McKnight will be paid $151,675.
Bryan Steffy/Getty s
“Foster deceived his victims into believing they were investing in a pritable sports beverage company when, in reality, he was using their money as a personal slush fund for his lavish lifestyle,” U.S. Attorney Benjamin C. Glassman said in a statement, according to justice.gov. “His ongoing and systematic deception also included stealing millions dollars in additional funds. Not only did Foster betray the trust his clients who believed he would act in their best interest, but he also used his accounting expertise to fraudulently report his income and live a virtually tax-free life.”
It was a big night in Toronto on Tuesday. Toronto Raptors tied up the Eastern Conference with the Milwaukee Bucks but surprisingly, that hasn’t been the biggest news story to come out the game. The Raptor’s Global Ambassador, Drake, was sitting courtside, as usual, where he not only cheered on his home team but also heckled the opposing team within earshot. He gave the Raptors Head Coach Nick Nurse a massage during the fourth quarter and even more, laughed at Giannis Antetokounmpo for missing free throws.
Mike Budenholzer, the head coach for the Bucks, blasted Drizzy for his behavior courtside and even diminished the rapper’s role as the Global Ambassador for the Raps.
“I don’t know any person attending the game that isn’t a player or coach that has access to the court,” Budenholzer said. “I don’t know how much he’s on the court. It sounds like you guys are saying a lot …] There’s certainly no place for fans—or whatever exactly is what Drake is for the Raptors—on the court. There’s boundaries and lines for a reason. The league is pretty good about that.”
“Imagine a gig & an athlete on VIP seats, right next to the band, stands up on the stage just to show f during the entire game, knowing cameras are on him, occasionally even massaging the singer. Security&him both allow it. Never seen anything as disrespectful as this before…”
Roc Nation’s been growing as a company over the years. After launching as a record label, it expanded into different avenues including film, television, sports, and philanthropy. Roc Nation has a massive roster artists and athletes that are under their wing. However, it appears as though there’s some changes happening at the top levels fice.
Nicholas Hunt/Getty s
According to Billboard, Roc Nation Records has fired numerous high-level executives. Those who’ve been let go from their positions include Senior VP Promotion Azim Rashid, Senior VP A&R Orlando McGhee, marketing executive Gita Williams, and senior director publicity, Fairley McCask. It’s unsure what prompted them to be released from their positions at this point.
Roc Nation’s decision to fire senior-level executives comes shortly after the former president the label, Benny Pough, left the company. In March, it was reported that he left Roc Nation after serving as the president for a year and a half. It’s unsure if there’s any connection between the two.
Aside from letting go the label’s executives, Roc Nation, along with Jay-Z, were sued by a former boxer they managed. Daniel Franco accused the company carelessly making him fight three times in less than eighty days which he claims resulted in severe neurological damage. The injury put him in a coma for a few weeks and now, he’s forced to wear a helmet at all times to protect his brain.
Los Angeles, CA – A now retired boxer is suing JAY-Z, Roc Nation Sports and Live Nation for negligence, claiming he was forced to fight when he was not ready and suffered a near-fatal brain injury as a result.
However, Franco claims problems arose when he contracted the flu and was not able to train properly for his fight against super lightweight Francisco Agustin Suarez, which took place on March 23, 2017. When he and his father told Roc Nation Sports they needed to cancel or postpone the fight, he alleges the company forced him to go forward with the bout.
He went on to lose by TKO.
He took on two more bouts in 2017, one on Friday, (May 12) and the final on Saturday, (June 12) which ended up being his last professional fight ever. He claims he was recovering from two skull fractures and a brain bleed going into the event in June and also asserts he had not received medical clearance before entering the ring.
Franco lost in the eighth round after being knocked out by Jose Haro, which he claims caused him to suffer “a devastating brain hemorrhage.”
The brutal knockout sent him into a coma and prompted for a surgery to remove a portion of his skull. As a result of his injuires, he now has been confined to wearing protective headgear.
Franco is now personally suing, seeking unspecified damages, declaring Roc Nation Sports should have known he was not ready to fight. He also told the celebrity news outlet in a video that JAY-Z’s company instructed him to take down a GoFund me page his family set up for donations to cover medical bills, saying Roc Nation Sports told him they, “would figure it out.”
“They told me to take my post down, which was about Roc Nation, about fighting at Roc Nation, and they called me, they actually reached out, it was the first time I heard from them, and they said, ‘hey, you know, take your post down and we’ll call you within 72 hours and everything will be fine, you know just take it down right now and we’ll call you back,” Franco explains in part.
“They just never called us. They had me take my post down, and so, I put my post back up, and that’s how it has been with Roc Nation. They haven’t been true to their word and they haven’t been great people, they left me out to dry and I have over $200,000 dollars in medical bills.”
No official statement from Roc Nation Sports on the matter has been made available to date.
In a recent interview for this month’s Slam Magazine cover story, LaVar spoke about his sons and fered a bold prediction when it comes to the wealth they’re going to acquire while playing in the NBA.
“My boys are gonna be the first ones to be billionaires playing on the court. I got other stuff in line to get that,” Ball explained. “Whatever my boys are playing for on the court, that’ll be chump change. You don’t have guys doing that. One guy gets a championship and next thing you know he wants his own team, bigger contracts.”
Charles Barkley really didn’t think the two-time defending champion Golden State Warriors stood a chance once Kevin Durant went down with a calf injury against the Houston Rockets. At the time, Barkley told his Inside The NBA co-hosts, “They are not going to beat the Rockets without KD, and they are not going to beat Portland or Denver without KD.”
Barkley, who predicted that the Blazers would reach the NBA Finals well before they got swept by the KD-less Warriors, admitted he was dead wrong during his appearance on ESPN’s “Pardon The Interruption.”
“I was 100 percent wrong, but kudos to the Golden State Warriors,” Barkley explained during Tuesday’s episode PTI. “And two things strike me. Steph Curry has put his name back in the conversation, Tony. When we talk about the best players in the world, we talk about KD, Giannis, Kawhi, Lebron. Steph Curry has proven to us he’s a two-time MVP.
“He’s been fabulous.”
Barkley also apologized during Tuesday night’s edition Inside The NBA, which you can check out below.
Curry, who was left f Barkley’s list the NBA’s Top-5 players in late April, was absolutely stellar in the Western Conference Finals. He averaged a playf series career-high 36.5 points to go along with 8.3 rebounds and 7.3 assists in the four games against Portland, while shooting 46.9% from the floor, 42.6% from behind the arc.
Curry and co. now await the winner the Milwaukee Bucks vs Toronto Raptors series, which is knotted at 2-2 as the series shifts back to Milwaukee. Although Barkley’s Blazers prediction went south, he still has the Bucks, who he predicts will win it all this year.
Former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. has been in court all week, facing multiple sex crimes and rape charges, including two counts kidnapping with intent to commit rape, two counts forcible rape, two counts residential burglary, one count forcible oral copulation, one count forcible sodomy and one count indecent exposure, according to Yahoo Sports.
Earlier this week, a woman using the alias Jane Doe #1 explained how Winslow picked her up while hitchhiking in 2018 and violently raped her before threatening to kill her. According to TMZ Sports, a second victim, Jane Doe #2, told the courtroom a similar story today, describing how Winslow picked her up on May 18, 2018 in the San Diego area in order to take her on a cfee date. However, the 58-year old woman says he instead drove to a remote area, pulled over on the side the road and raped her.
During the act, the woman says Winslow put his hands around her neck and said, “‘If you scream,’ I don’t know if it was, ‘I’ll choke you to death’ or ‘I’ll murder you.'” She says he later reiterated that he’d kill her if she told anyone. According to TMZ, she told the courtroom on Wednesday, “I was very afraid. The whole time I thought I was never going to get out alive.”
Winslow, 35, faces a cumulative sentence that would put him away for life.
Earlier today Ric Flair was photographed leaving the hospital with a smile on his face, following a surgery that had originally been scheduled to take place last week. The surgery was a success and the 70-year old WWE Hall Famer is expected to make a full recovery.
Upon his release from the hospital on Wednesday morning, the Nature Boy took to twitter to share an update with his fans. The tweet reads:
“The Naitch Is Home!!! Thank You To All The Incredible Staff And Doctors At Gwinnett Medical Center Once Again! I Am So Thankful For All My Family, Friends, And Fans For All The Love. At This Time In My Life, I Never Take It For Granted. I Will Be Back Up And WOOOOOing In No Time!”
It’s unclear exactly what Flair was hospitalized for, but his son-in-law, Conrad Thompson, recently explained it wasn’t a last-minute surprise and the family had known about it for quite some time.
Although he is in good spirits and close to WOOOOOing again, Flair will be unable to attend the anticipated “Roast Ric Flair” which had been scheduled to headline the Starrcast II event on Friday.
In an interview with CBS Sports last month, Thompson revealed that “The Roast Ric Flair” would be very similar to the Comedy Central Roasts, with a dais featuring “a who’s who stand-up comedians” such as Dan Soder, Taylor Williamson, Mike Lawrence and Dan St. Germain.
Hopefully they’ll be able to reschedule once The Nature Boy is fully recovered.
TMZ Sports recently caught up with Wilder to talk about Fury’s recent comments and the WBC champion didn’t hold back. If you remember, Wilder knocked Fury down twice in the fight and used that as his main point against the English fighter.
“I gave him a memory loss to the point where he don’t know how he got on the ground, nor do he know how he got up,” Wilder said.
The Bronze Bomber also explained how he’s not interested in a rematch with Fury right now and would rather become the undisputed champ which means he needs to fight against Anthony Joshua. While many fans want this fight to happen, it seems like both sides can’t agree on a time and place.
The NBA has today announced the 2018-19 All-Defensive First Team, featuring Milwaukee Bucks teammates Giannis Antetokounmpo and Eric Bledsoe, as well as Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert, Oklahoma City Thunder forward Paul George, and Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart.
Giannis, Gobert and George – the three finalists for the 2018-19 Kia NBA Defensive Player the Year Award – finished with nearly identical point totals as the top vote-getters for the NBA All-Defensive Teams.
Gobert led all with 196 a possible 200 points (97 First Team votes), as he earned First Team honors for the third consecutive season. PG received 195 points (96 First Team votes) while Giannis earned 193 points (94 First Team votes) en route to his first First Team selection. The winner the 2018-19 Kia NBA Defensive Player the Year Award will be revealed at the third annual NBA Awards on Monday, June 24 at 9pm ET on TNT.
The 2018-19 NBA All-Defensive Second Team consists New Orleans guard Jrue Holiday (90 points), Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson (82), Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid (80), Warriors forward Draymond Green (61) and Toronto Raptors forward Kawhi Leonard (39). This is the first NBA All-Defensive Team selection for Thompson, a five-time NBA All-Star.
According to NBA.com, the NBA All-Defensive Teams were selected by a global panel 100 sportswriters and broadcasters. Players were awarded two points for each First Team vote and one point for each Second Team vote. Voters selected two guards, two forwards and one center for each team, choosing players at the position they play regularly. Players who received votes at multiple positions were slotted at the position where they received the most votes.