At the conclusion Avengers: Infinity War, it seemed like Peter Parker’s fate was sealed. The young friendly neighboorhood Spider-Man turned to dust in Iron-Man’s hand, which was one the most emotional scenes in all Marvel’s movie history. Although fans did watch Spidey die in Infinity War, everyone knows he’ll be back for Avengers 4 and the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Recently, a potential plot for the latter hit the web.
According to a user who has leaked reputable information for Marvel films before, the sequel will be called Spiderman: Field Trip and will take place in the UK. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has already confirmed that the film does take place overseas. The leak touches on Mysterio being the main villain, another plot point that has already been confirmed. The true surprises come in the form a death, and a mysterious villain who is pulling the strings from behind the scenes. The speculative leak states that Tony Stark will die in Avengers 4, and that the Sinister 6 are slowly being set up. The full list potential Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel spoilers are as follows:
– Set after AVENGERS 4. Peter is revived, and it appears Tony Stark will indeed die and Peter will be mourning his death. The plot revolved around something groundbreaking that Stark has created, and which is stolen and Spider-Man must retrieve.
– Set mainly in London. Peter and his friends are there for a conference sponsored by Stark Industries. MJ, Ned, Liz, Flash and Aunt May are returning, alongside the Midtown students and staff from HOMECOMING. Gwyneth Paltrow is also supposed to appear as Pepper Potts.
– Mysterio is the main villain. He is an international thief and master illusion, who has stolen Stark’s creation at the behest a mysterious employer. Apparently, there are plans to include the fishbowl helmet, but he will not wear it throughout the movie.
– Jessica Drew is a MI6 operative pursuing Mysterio, who begrudgingly teams up with Spider-Man to stop him. She has no superpowers, but is a combat expert and skilled tactician.
– Peter develops a rivalry with a new student, Alistair Smythe, a technology prodigy who is determined to upstage him. Smythe is “manipulative” and tries to turn Peter’s friends against him. His father, Spencer Smythe, works for Stark Industries.
– Vulture and Scorpion will appear in minor roles. Scorpion is apparently working for the same man who hired Mysterio to steal Stark’s creation, and they attempt to get Vulture to betray Spider-Man’s identity to them.
– Mysterio’s employer is apparently a major villain from the comics and will be prominent in SPIDER-MAN movies going forward. No word on who he is yet, but he will have a minor appearance in the movie. Marvel and Sony eyeing A-list actors. Casting won’t be ficially announced. Supposed to be a surprise twist.
– Yes, they are building up to the Sinister Six, but they are not guaranteed for a potential third movie in the series.
– The title (so far) is SPIDER-MAN: FIELD TRIP.